Vermont Energy & Climate Summit 2017
“Meeting Vermont’s 2025 Energy & Climate Goals”
On November 8th, EAN and the Vermont Climate Pledge Coalition will co-sponsor a full-day gathering of Vermont leaders that will:
- Assess where Vermont stands now in relation to our fast-approaching 2025 energy and climate goals
- Share pledges to take action from businesses, non-profits, municipalities, and institutions as part of the Vermont Climate Pledge Coalition
- “Pitch” policies and other ideas that will ensure Vermont meets its energy and climate goals in ways that most benefit Vermont and Vermonters
Let your ideas be heard!
This is your chance to get your energy or climate pitch in front of
200 of Vermont’s energy leaders and the Governor’s Climate Action Commission
Click Here to Download the Pitch Proposal Form
Vermont has a bold goal: to meet 90% of our energy needs through increased efficiency and renewables by 2050. We have also joined leading states across the country in a bi-partisan commitment to adhere to the Paris Climate Accord goals. Where are we now on achieving those goals and what can we do to bend the curve toward 2025 milestones along that path?
- Energy: The first milestone of Vermont’s Comprehensive Energy Plan is to meet 25% of Vermont’s total energy needs from renewable sources by 2025. The most recent status estimates put us at around 16% across heat, electricity and transportation (2016).
- Climate: The Paris Accord goal seeks a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of 26-28% from 2005 levels by 2025. Vermont’s own statutes are even more ambitious: 50% reduction from 1990 levels by 2028. As of 2013, Vermont’s GHG emissions decreased 11% from 2005 levels and actually increased 4% from 1990 levels.
We have a lot of work to do over the next 8-10 years. That is why we want to hear your pitch for promising opportunities to help Vermont meet its 2025 goals. What will help bend the curve?
Selected proposals will be invited to present at the Vermont Energy and Climate Summit co-hosted by Energy Action Network (EAN) and the VT Climate Pledge Coalition (VCPC) on November 8th at Champlain College in Burlington. Please submit your pitch by using the form below and emailing completed proposals to email@example.com by Friday, October 20th.
(NOTE: Regardless of whether you are invited to present on Nov.8th — notification will come by Wed. Oct. 25 — all submitted and complete proposals will be included in a full compilation to be submitted to the Governor’s Climate Action Commission and the Vermont Legislature.)
Suggested Reference Documents: